PBS-4100R+ Test Cell Vibration and Balancing System
Test cell balancing system for gas turbine jet engines and vibration analysis
The “one-shot” balancing solutions for test cells
Test cell balancing system: the “one-shot” balancing solutions for test cells.
Test cell vibration analysis and jet engine trim balance instruments and accessories for commercial and military aviation gas turbine engines. Designed to quickly isolate engine problems and locate troubles. Rapid configuration and intuitive user interface make it straightforward and uncomplicated to use.
In testing an engine, the operator will execute a vibration survey on the turbine engine. The survey is a slow cycling of engine speed from idle to maximum, then back down to idle again. As this occurs, the PBS-4100+ test cell balancing system will measure the vibration contribution from each of the spools and plot its findings on a series of plots (most notably, a “Speed versus Vibration” plot. In addition, the overall vibration is also plotted.
Test Parameters for ALL commercial and military turbofan, turbojet, and turboshaft engines, including:
- CFMI: CFM56-2,-3,-5,-7
- GE: CF34-3, -8, -10, CF6-6, -50, -80A, -80C, GE-90-94, -115, CJ-610, CF-700, F101, F110-100, – 129, -132, -400, F118-101, LM-1500, 1600, 2500, 6000 (all versions)
- Honeywell: ALF502, LF507, TFE731 (all models)
- P&W: PT6, JT3D, JT8D (all small and large models), JT9D (all models)
- PW2000 -2037, -2040, -2043, PW4000 (All Models), F-100 (all models), F-117, GG4 and other industrials.
- Rolls-Royce: RB211-22B, RB211- 524B/C/D, RB211-524G/H, Trent (all models) RB211-535C/E4, Tay (all models), Spey
- Rolls-Royce-Allison: GMA3007
- IAE:V2500 (all models)
Many test cell balancing system configurations are available, we encourage you to contact MTI Instruments Engineering to discuss configurations for your specific engine.
- Up to 12 vibration channels to support experimental testing
- Up to 3 speed channels to enable testing of three-spool engines
- Up to 32 Analog Output channels to drive test cell meters and external instrumentation
- Vibration readings are converted and presented in desired units
- Display vibration data in time & frequency domain with several different formats including tables, bar graphs and X-Y plots
- Ability to balance engines that exhibit vibration peaks at up to 20 speeds
- Quickly reduce vibrations by using the intuitive WinPBS Balance Wizard
- Optional Remote Operation via ETHERNET for test cell facilities or Power Plant Engineering access
- May be fully operated and interrogated by external test cell control systems
|Product Info||Technical Specifications|
|8000-6733B||PBS-4100R+ for the test cell**||Test Cell||Request Info|
|8000-0402-001||Ruggedized MILITARY SYSTEM,2T/4V, CE, WEEE||Portable||Request Infomation on Ruggedized MILITARY SYSTEM,2T/4V|
|8000-0403-001||COMMERCIAL SYSTEM,2T/4V||Portable||Request Infomation on COMMERCIAL SYSTEM,2T/4V|
|8000-0403-002||COMMERCIAL SYSTEM,2T/4V,ROHS, CE, WEEE||Portable||Request Infomation on COMMERCIAL SYSTEM,2T/4V,ROHS, CE, WEEE|
|Not finding what you’re looking for? MTI offers custom solutions More Info About MTI’s Custom Solutions|
**Many configurations are available, we encourage you to contact MTI Instruments Engineering to discuss configurations for your specific engine.
|7500-6353K-002||Additional 4 Vibration Channels Package||adds 4 additional vibration input channel to the PBS-4100R+ system.|
|7500-6353K-004||Additional 8 Vibration Channels Package||adds 8 additional vibration input channel to the PBS-4100R+ system to the maximum limit of 12 channels.|
|7500-6316K-002||Additional Speed Channels Package||adds 2 additional speed channels to the PBS-4100R+ system, to install an N3 channel and the Balancing Tachometer input channel.|
|8000-6940||Analog DC Output Package||adds 16 channels of analog output signals that can be programmed to be proportional to measured speed and vibration readings.|
|2356-7000||Digital Data Interface Option||enables the PBS-4100R+ to be controlled by a remote host computer.|
|2075-0060||Digital Data Interface Host Computer Software||software that allows a host computer to communicate and control the PBS-4100R+. Compatible with Windows and UNIX platforms.|
Looking for similar or complementary products? Browse the following products.
We make every effort, if feasible, to maintain, service and support our legacy products.