Establishing and maintaining product quality throughout the production process is a common challenge of all manufacturers. How does an organization ensure the optimal output from their production lines, especially in real time? Key to this is strong non-destructive measurement practices that can take place at various points along the production process.
The case study below is an example of how this was done at Saint-Gobain to measure the thickness and density of foam materials. They engaged with MTI’s team of experts as their current direction was proving cost-prohibitive. Saint-Gobain’s R&D organization, led by Dr. Mickael Boinet, found a solution to their need for non-destructive testing using MTI Instruments’ Accumeasure series capacitance sensors through collaboration with our engineers. The solution proved effective and factory-ready. Read the case study for more details.
Saint-Gobain Accumeasure Series Capacitance Sensor Case Study
Typical use cases for the Accumeasure product line includes measurement of:
- EV battery plate thickness
- Non-woven conductive material thickness
- Conductive film thickness
- Roll to roll conductive material thickness
- Conductive flexible web thickness
- Continuous sheet conductive material thickness
- Step height film thickness
- Step height conductive film thickness
- EV anode plate thickness
- EV cathode plate thickness
Also see this animation showing a setup of the Accumeasure Series used on a roller system measuring thin films in a production environment.